Data entry is a tedious task. It can make your job feel like you are working on an assembly line, and it’s not uncommon for people to lose interest or become disengaged from their work as a result. This is why we created Smart Issue Templates for Jira. If you’re using Atlassian Jira as your issue tracking system, then this tool will save you time by allowing you to create repetitive data entry issues in seconds. Smart Issue Templates is a Jira add-on that requires no initial configuration. You install it, and then you’re ready to go. No backend coding is required. It has a shallow learning curve, and it’s easy to use, so anyone on your team will be able to get up and running quickly.
Once you start using it, your Jira users will create new issues by simply selecting the template they want to use. This saves them time because they don’t have to go on a scavenger hunt searching for the appropriate fields and values that need to be filled out. It streamlines issue creation so everyone can work together more efficiently.
Here are some of the things you can do with Smart Issue Templates for Jira:
– Create templates for epics, stories, tasks & subtasks.
– Add custom labels to issues created by the template.
– Set up default values based on your organization’s standards and conventions.
– Use global values to populate issue fields during creation automatically.
– Modify an existing template without reopening it in the editor using Smart Templates’ live preview feature.
– Assign a template to specific projects, or make it available to all projects.
– Assign a template to all users or restrict it to specific groups.
– Enable or disable the template for specific issue types.
Here’s an example of how Smart Issue Templates for Jira works:
If your company creates software, you might have several recurring issues related to them, such as feature requests, bugs, and supporting documentation. You can create three different templates for these issues so users can easily create them in Jira when they need to. For example, you can create a feature request template that will automatically populate the issue’s description with your team’s standard design documentation. Then, when a user tries to create a new feature request in Jira, the issue’s description field will already be filled out for them. All they have to do is fill in some details about how it should work before submitting their idea. They’ll know right away if what they want isn’t feasible or doesn’t align with the company’s standards.
This is just one example of how Smart Issue Templates can help you work more efficiently. With this add-on, your team will be able to create issues in seconds without having to waste time finding the appropriate fields and values. Try it out today and see for yourself how much easier data entry can be.